Here are ideas for Reading Log Prompts that you can assign your student to answer in the Comments field of the Bookopolis Reading Log.
Reading Log Prompts
- In 1-3 sentences, summarize the section you read.
- Pick a main character and brainstorm a list of qualities that most define him/her.
- List the most important event(s) that happened in the section you read.
- How is this story similar to other stories you have read or movies you have seen?
- Explain what the author did to “hook” you as a reader.
- Write three vocabulary words you didn’t know. Look them up and write their definition.
- Describe the “picture” that the author created in your mind in the section you read. Use examples from the text.
- Do any of the characters remind you of yourself, your friends, or family members? How?
- Using examples from the text, what emotions did the author make you feel in the section you read?
- Describe a part that puzzled you or made you ask questions.
Want to download or print this list? Click Reading Log Prompts.